Thursday 7 February 2013

Welcome to Tilburg!

Welcome to my blog! I'll try and write interestingly about all the things I'm up to over here in Europe. So far it's been a whirlwind :)
Tilburg is a really cool city, full of bikes, cute brick buildings, and lovely people. People talk about the famous Dutch bluntness, but so far everyone's been super nice. I've also met heaps of exchange students, from Kazakhstan to Canada, from Argentina to Slovakia.

Tilburg fun facts:
- the name first appears in 709 AD, a good 500 years before people arrived in New Zealand woooaaaahh. 
- the city is big on logistics, because it's smack bang between a massive German industrial city and a major port. 
- coming into the city you see a million-euro sculpture. It's a house that turns in a big circle. Yup. 


 Bikes, bikes, more bikes- my goal is to make it through the year without being run over by one.
 Tilburg central, so cute!
The turning house, say what?
University- where I'm spending most of my time. Truly. 

I'll update more soon (:
Tot ziens!





4 comments:

  1. Excellent, thank you! What an interesting place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write more. This isn't sufficient to satisfy anyone's vicarious living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soz attack. Will get right on it. *salutes

      Delete